Need to cut back on the sodium? Limiting your daily salt intake can help prevent major diseases. Here's how to cut the sodium out from your diet.
You Will Need:
• Low- or no-sodium packaged food
Step 1: Read labels
Read labels when you shop. If salt or sodium chloride is one of the first ingredients listed on the label, don't buy the product.
Step 2: Eliminate high-sodium foods
Avoid high-sodium foods such as chips, salted nuts, and dressings. If you must eat them, try the low-sodium versions.
Step 3: Avoid processed foods
Buy fresh or plain frozen vegetables. Most processed foods have salt added for taste and as a preservative. When buying canned vegetables, look for ones labeled "no salt added."
Step 4: Rinse canned foods
Rinse any canned foods that do contain sodium under running water to get rid of excess salt.
Step 5: Reduce salt when cooking
Flavor foods with herbs, vinegar, and lemons instead of bouillon cubes and sauces, which are high in sodium.
Step 6: Don't add salt
Don't put additional salt on your food. Remove the salt shaker from the dinner table.
Step 7: Eat at accommodating restaurants
Go to restaurants that will prepare your food with low- or no-salt.
Step 8: Avoid fast food
Don't eat fast food. Fast food is notoriously high in salt.
Trivia: Among the many uses for salt other than in your diet are soothing bee stings, repelling fleas, and cleaning cutting boards.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades