Electrolytes are solutions containing ions usually found in sports drinks that help maintain proper hydration during extreme physical activity. A balance of electrolytes is important for the normal functioning of the cells and organs of our body. The most popular electrolytes are sodium, potassium, chloride and bicarbonate. Try these tips for buying foods rich in electrolytes in this nutrition how-to video.
Get electrolytes to help cells function
Learn common electrolytes
Watch out for added sugars in sports drinks
Do not replenish electrolytes from tablets
Reduce electrolytes with extreme exercise
About this Author
Michelle Cooper has been a registered dietician for more than 10 years. She currently works for the state of North Carolina for the New Hanover County School District in the Child Nutrition Department as the supervising registered dietician on staff. She specializes in child nutrition, child fitness and overall child health. She enjoys her job because it allows her to be a pivotal piece of child development.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades