There's actually several different kinds of fats. You have your unsaturated fats, which are typically heart-healthy fat, which are like olive oil and canola oil. And then you have other fats like saturated fats, which are found in food such as meats, especially any animal product, fatty cuts of meats such as bacon, sausage, butter, lard, high fat dairy products, whole milk, and creams. And saturated fats have actually been linked to increased risk of heart disease. So these are things that you really want to limit in your diet. Learn some healthy tips on avoiding saturated fats in this nutrition how-to video clip.
Most meat products contain saturated fats
Saturated fats can increase chances of heart disease
Remove fat & skin from meat
About this Author
Alice Merritt is currently the Campus Dietitian at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. She has a masters degree from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in public health with a concentration on nutrition. Alice has worked as a registered dietician for four years, and believes that helping people reach their nutritional goals will lead to a long and healthy life.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades